Tuesday, September 1, 2009

9 Days to Pull Out!




Well, we're loading the trailer & working our way towards pulling on out! The suburban has had its repairs/tweaks done, the trailer has been inspected-yup can you believe it-PA requires an inspection on trailers! But, alas-we moved it from one driveway to the other last night and the freshwater drain plug popped and our water drained out.....so, now we scurry to try to fix/repair that before we leave. Amazing that on inspection two weeks ago-that was not found to be in need of repair-hmmm, what did they really inspect?


Anyways, it's a $3 part-but I'm sure if we were to take it into a dealer, it would be a $400 repair....so we are going to try and do it ourselves! Might delay our leaving a day or so-we'll see, only because it's a mail order part.


I have (I think) loaded most of the essentials for living on the road-I'm pretty used to doing this, simply because of boat living in the summer-so how much different can it be? Guess I'm going to find out soon enough (plus we'll be going thru several changes of climate during this trip and we will need all kinds of gear for that-so I hear)
I've included interior pics this time- the top left one is pull out sofa that is a queen sleeper & fridge is what you see on left of pic- and the right pic is the left of what you walk into from the front door- the dinette opens into a double bed and you can see the bathroom in the far back-it's cute, quaint & 22' long-it lowers down to about the height of our suburban and it's easier to tow than most trailers and much better on gas consumption (god knows we need that with this hog of a car)
So, wish us luck and in a week or so, we'll be hitting the trails & see this old US of A- who knows maybe seeing something unique enough to post and share with you all :o)


2 comments:

  1. Im tired so I didn't post a pix. I'll be shadow woman, my old Indian name.
    You Didn't tell me about this trip before. Where are you going? For how long?
    Anyway you go girl..., and Joe too.
    Bob & I will be with you, this is exciting.
    Bye, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're just going as the wind (and our trailer) take us & of course Joe & his driving, lol
    But we're starting heading towards Pitts I think & then heading towards our friends in Indiana & then God only knows what he's charted-I'm leaving that up to him-he's wanted to do this for as long as I can remember...so who am I to argue :o)

    ReplyDelete