Friday, September 25, 2009

Rawlins, Wyoming-nothing much here







Made it and yup couldn't have asked for a closer campground than this one, lol- we're two blocks from a hospital and last night was uneventful...so here i sit catching up on my blogs while my man catches up on his sleep-poor fellow, been a tough couple nights for him (and days driving since I can't drive with the camper)
We pulled in about 5 yesterday, did a little putzin with the Bail and then walked over to the local eatery- i wanted to cooked spaghetti but no, he said give it a break and yuk was their food horrible! It was crowded so we thought it would be a good choice but I guess cause it was the only place in town everyone thinks it's good-I'd rather eat ground meat and those of you that know me know how I feel about that!
We'll be pulling out in about an hour-it's about 7 AM-figure I'll let him sleep in, just cause I couldn't sleep doesn't mean he can't -amend that line...we didn't leave till 11:30 I worked on these blog entries because internet was finally good :o)
I'm getting anxious about seeing my sisters and daughter, so I just want to get to Vegas at this point! Since we missed Ang's birthday yesterday :o( that was our original push date to get there but we'll be there by Saturday-now we just have to find a place to park this camper that night. we have somewhere Sunday on but Joe was checking for Saturday-don't know how he made out, guess I'll be making some calls today in the car.
I'll have to post a picture of this road we took yesterday while driving-it was 69 miles long and it was great for us with the camper no traffic and 65-70 mph but in the middle of no where all of a sudden there were all these trains and loaded with coal and a coal town--we're talking thousands and thousands being hauled. I guess when you hear of a mining accident in Wyoming mines-this is it because you could see for about hundred miles and there was nothing and then this popped up.
Wyoming sure is vast, beautiful and not much of anything except land & sky

1 comment:

  1. LOL...close to the hospital! Hmm...that was never a requirement for us!

    You guys crack me up! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete