Thursday, October 8, 2009

yahoo, finally Albuquerque 10-2-09







what a zoo of a town! I never expected such a metropolis as this, roads every which way and their grid system truly is the worse I have ever seen-the roads make no sense and even the east west and south north seem to go the wrong way but who are we to complain-we're the foreigners, lol-except the one night we hit Olive Garden for dinner and guess what? The wait staff even agreed with us, lol-so how's that for a screwed up town....but other than that it is pretty neat to finally be here & balloons, OMG are there balloons-everywhere you look you see them & people with balloon logo's on them and their cars & hats and shirts & selling stuff....it is definitely the balloon capital of the world!




The day we arrive we have time to do some sightseeing -so we decide to do the Sandia Tram, which we had heard about and supposedly is the longest in the USA but we decide it isn't because we had gone on the one in Palm Springs with my neice Katherine & Tim and that was much better, higher and longer (prettier pictures too) Anyway, it costs about $17.50 each and the temp up there was rapidly dropping (43 degrees when we started the wait & 32 degrees by the time it was our turn) so we get crammed into this tram car & head on up the side of this mountain as the sun is rapidly setting and the heat is rapidly dropping, by the time we get to the top of the mountain - I am literally frozen to the bone (and I have sandals on) but I have my sweatshirt & long sleeve shirt on and so does Joe because they warn you about the temp up top....Well when we see the look on the people that are literally dying to get on our car as we get off at the mountaintop and down the hill -I said to Joe "I'm not getting off this car, just move to the other side and make like we're getting on with these people-no way I'm standing out in that frigid weather and waiting for the next car like they did" and sweetheart of a hubby that I have just looked at me dumbfounded and did what I said & moved forward with me, lol-but we stayed semi warm and rode on down that mountain with those frozen people, lol. He still thinks we missed out on some "pictures" but guess what I don't give a rat's ass!
couple pics from first day of balloon fiesta- dawn patrol goes up a little before 6 AM-we're up at 4:30 to get there by 5:30-man oh man are we nuts or what & it is friggin cold

No comments:

Post a Comment