Thursday, October 8, 2009

10-3-09 Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque, NM
















5:30 AM we should've been part of the dawn patrol, who would've thought we'd be up at the butt crack of dawn with these crazy crazy people on a Saturday morning to boot! But man oh man the crowds are out and all these balloons! The weather is supposed to be beautiful, but you can't prove it by me- of course I brought, hat, gloves, scarf & extra heavy jacket & sweat shirts but when we leave the camper the sun is shining and we think....it's not too bad, we'll be fine with just the sweatshirt and a couple layers of clothes-WRONG!!!! Just wait till we get to the open field and the wind picks up just a tad bit-you'd think you were in the Antarctic, so of course within an hour or two my back starts to spasm & I go glove and scarf hunting because it goes straight into my neck and by 8 AM I'm in total pain :o( not a happy camper to say the least.....found a pair of adorable gloves with little hot air balloons on them ($5) what a deal & then I go into one of the vendor tents and guess what? There is a masseuse....I'm in heaven :o) So I get a "mini" massage for half an hour-then we decide to bag it and head back to the camper where I spread out on the heating pad for a while until it starts to get better & later in the afternoon we get the shuttle back and watch the evening glow-which in itself is a site to see :o) Yes, indeedy I am happy again! I'll put some more of those pics up for you to see...


Tomorrow we have to take the suburban in for some work (oil change etc) so we'll just watch from our campground & then head out I believe

1 comment: