Saturday, October 3, 2009

Holbrook, Arizona October 1, 2009


Pass Hoover Dam on our way Plus this time the security check point was a real fiasco compared to the last time.....








On our way to the largest Balloon Fiesta in the entire world in Albuquerque, New Mexico.....kind of like a double edged sword....upset about leaving my daughter but totally thrilled to be going to NM! I can't tell you how long I've had this on my "Bucket List" but to finally be doing it is really thrilling. I said to Joe last night-he's doing his dream-driving across country (at least some of the states-hopefully we can finish it next year) and I'm getting to the Balloon Fiesta :o) how cool is that! The only other thing I hope to be able to accomplish is to get to Venice and Italy....but I don't think it will be with my husband-unless I can pull some strings in that department :o( since I don't think my daughter will be doing the trip with me now that she's moved across the world, so I guess I gotta work on my better half (again)

this picture is the new walk way they are building across the hoover dam, what a sight & amazing the way it is being constructed too!



Anyways-we pull into this RV site called OK RV campgrounds and it's in a seedy side of town but let me tell you it is packed, so we figure what the heck, how bad can it be? Well, apparently it is the stop-over for Albuquerque and in the morning when we get up (which is dang early) the place is empty, lol.



We're on the road by about 8 AM and pull into NM about noon, talk about a zoo, OMG-it is a Metropolis that puts Philly to shame-apparently it has a census of about 1.5 mil and climbing steadily everyday and the grid system in this town SUCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment